More information:

What I need to do is add the outer layer VLAN ID. 

I have a VMware cloud, out of that comes a bunch of trunks with various 
customer VLANs. I need to be able to match VLANs then add an outer VLAN ie 
QinQ. 

So customer might have 3 servers, VLANs 100-102, They then need to be 
encapsulated as 3000/100 3000/101... They traverse the network and come out a 
QinQ tunnel port to the customer. Therefore the customer can just configure 
their port as a trunk, and it greatly eliminates the amount of VLANs trunked 
through our network. 

I know we can achieve this with loop back cables. As well 7600 with ES cards 
can "push" VLAN outer IDs, I have found sites saying that 3750me also do this, 
but I can't find the Cisco commands (they only seem to translate or drop not 
add). 

Anyone know any other (cheaper) platforms that can do this? 

Or a better way of achieving the above?

Thanks.

..Toby

--
Toby Glover, R&D Network Engineer
eintellego Pty Ltd - The Networking Specialists
[email protected] / www.eintellego.net
Phone: 1300 753 383, Fax: (+612) 8572 9954
Cell +61 (0)433 808 165 / skype://yobledoc
--


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Toby Glover
Sent: Thursday, 1 October 2009 4:10 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Q in Q injection

Hi Guys,



Quick question, what platform (eg 6500 with X line card) can inject VLANs into 
Q in Q? I know you can use a loopback cable on any system that supports Q in Q 
but this is not optimal.



..Toby



--
Toby Glover, R&D Network Engineer
eintellego Pty Ltd - The Networking Specialists
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> / 
www.eintellego.net<http://www.eintellego.net>
Phone: 1300 753 383, Fax: (+612) 8572 9954
Cell +61 (0)433 808 165 / skype://yobledoc
--

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.115/2403 - Release Date: 09/29/09 
17:56:00
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to