On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 09:46 +1300, Raymond Lucas wrote: > Agree with others about RFC4594 being a particularly good discussion > of what different types of traffic there are and appropriate markings.
Thank you all for the pointers. I seems that RFC4594 is indeed a good reference. > For quick Cisco overviews the "At a Glance" documents are quite good - > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk759/tech_white_papers_list.html. I like the "at-a-glance" papers; they seem perfect for arguing that it's a good idea to spend some time actually defining policies based on business needs, instead of assuming that it's only a matter of configuration. :-) > Also the Cisco Enterprise QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide is > quite good going through recommended markings and then excruciating detail > on how to implement on all sorts of different platforms. I have previously read the QoS SRND, but I must say I'm not impressed. I know by testing that e.g. Auto-QoS doesn't solve the buffering problems (it actually seems to worsen it) and I find the SRND somewhat mechanically written. I may just have had a bad day though. :-) -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
