I've seen CPU spikes which have caused a switchover. These were caused by software switching and spikes in traffic. Specifically it was a very large number of MPLS tunnels in a lab configuration and we ran out of ACL_TCAM ...
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM, samuel vuillaume <[email protected]>wrote: > Hi Guys, > > > I can tell you, it was a really bad day.... > > Since a while, we;ve been experiencing Interrupt High spikes CPU on one of > our 7609-SUP720. So this morningwhen we got them , i ran the following as > per CISCO recommendations, and unfortunately a few seconds later, the > Active > SUP720 reset causing a switchover over the slave one and a downtime of 10 > minutes!!!!! > > CISCO told me many times, it was not CPU intensive and these CLI's are > built > to be run when CPU is at 99%... > > I was wondering if one of you experienced the same kind of problem. tks > > switch(config)#service internal > > switch# show platform capture buffer asic pinnacle slot 5 port 4 direction > out priority lo > > switch# show platform capture buffer collect for 10 > > When i was looking at the capture buffered the crashed occured. > > I'm now really in a bad position.... > > tks > > Sam > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
