Hi All,
im looking at using a 7600 to terminate a 10GE uplink for IP transit to my upstream. no BGP full table yet, just a default route. I will be using a 6704 to connect the 7600 my core, of course also using 10GE links. The question i have is regarding which interface to use to connect to the upstream. Although using another of the ports on the 6704 would work for this, Im not entirely convinced about it vs using say a SIP-600 which is possibly more appropriate ? Is the 6704 port something I should not consider at all for the upstream link ? I'd like to hear from people as to what they are doing in their networks to evaluate pros and cons. Im aware that 6704 is a LAN card, as opposed to using a SIP-600 which is intended for WAN which offers deeper buffers, shaping etc... but the price difference is enormous! thanks anton _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
