Hi everyone,

I spent some times googling/searching the mailing list but I could not find any clear answer regarding memory impact related to "soft-reconfiguration inbound" statement. (If you have any link/pointer, I'm interested !)

We're running a bunch of 760X (RSP7203CXL + 8x10G withc DFC3CXL) having full BGP feed and some of them start to be really overloaded.

I've read now and then that it is not recommended to use "soft-reconfiguration inbound" due to the extra memory used, but :

1) What is the clear impact of this command ? (Is there an algorithm formula O(n) that would help us to quantity the memory used ?)
2) Is this extra-memory still an issue with modern hardware ?
3) What is the common best practice ?
4) Are you using "soft-reconfiguration inbound", if yes how ? (i.e: Only for troubleshooting purpose, "always on" as part of your configuration template etc.)

Thanks in advance to all for your feedback

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Pilotage & Suivi du Réseau
Network Backbone Engineering & Planning

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 40 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31
[email protected] http://www.renater.fr
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to