I have seen this problem many times on Catalyst 5000 and 6500 boxes. The cause is NVRAM corruption which can often be resolved by rebooting the Supervisor in order to clear the issue. During reboot some of the NVRAM configuration can be lost so make sure you have a proper backup to compare with. The other cause could be a faulty NVRAM chip on the Supervisor so having a spare handy during the reboot would be a good idea as well. Clinton.
Sony Scaria wrote:
Hi All,

I've observed "Rmon checksum failed" when I run sh ver on one of my catos
switch. The system is stable for a long time and I did not observe any
related logs. I had done some research , but couldn't gather any info on
"Rmon checksum".


--
==================================================================
Clinton Work
Airdrie, AB


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to