I think the 3550's have a limit of 7 (my guess is the limit is 8 and they have one for their purposes), at least that's what our provider tells us. I've personally created over 20 VRF's on a 3560-E (this was a test, I can't remember exactly how high I got, and I don't think I created OSPF processes for those). But the point is that there are definitely limits on the number of VRF instances you can create.
-saxon 2009/12/7 Mike Kiefer <[email protected]> > > Are there currently any limitations on running VRF lite with an OSPF > process per VRF on this hardware? I was told by a coworker that 3550/3560's > have an extremely low limit. Something like 4 or 5 vrfs/OSPF processes. This > doesn't seem right. > > The only thing I could find that references this was this article: > http://wiki.nil.com/VRF_routing_process_limitations > > Per the article, it seems like the only limitation is CPU and RAM since > OSPF shares a protocol ID. > > Is this a problem that Cisco had in the past or just a complete falsehood? > > _________________________________________________________________ > Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more. > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/videos-tours.aspx?h=7sec&slideid=1&media=aero-shake-7second&listid=1&stop=1&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_7secdemo:122009 > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
