Hi,

> EOL.  I saw that it would boot on a 3550-48, but didn't go any further 
> with it than watching it boot.  What goes wrong with it?

loss of access to management interface, failure of spanning-tree
calculations, memory leak with SNMP polling - these are the basic
things I noted before a quick change - some of these things take a
few days to happen though so first off all seems well.

> > any reason for lurking down in the 12.1EA release train?
> 
> Have you looked at the difference in RAM usage between 12.1EA and 12.2SE?
> I suppose most of the RAM on a 3550 doesn't get used / won't get used...so 
> 15MB or 20MB free vs 40MB free really doesn't matter.

ah - yes - some of the functions chew up more memory but thats a given..at
least they have the memory for that (and not much more if you do more
than basic L3 stuff on them!) ;-)

alan
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to