On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 04:05:15PM +0100, Pavel Skovajsa wrote: > Hi Ross, > The VRF route leaking is somehow complex stuff - there appears to be > scattered documentation about it around CIsco site - see for example > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/12_2sra/feature/guide/srbgprid.html > > What we do to dynamicly leak routing from one VRF to another is to do > it with eBGP. Simply make a eBGP session between the VRFs (f.e. create > a Loopback for each VRF) and send the routes across - see > http://forum.nil.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59&sid=9c8b6a132bfdbfd0794b69b573b1914c&start=10 > > Another alternative is to put the routes into VRF BGP table and leak > them with "route-target import" - see > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk832/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080231a3e.shtml
Unfortunately, BGP doesn't work in my case since I'm trying to leak VRF routes into the global table. BGP requires that all routes be leaked between VRFs, since the BGP routes need to be matching types of NLRIs - a route from a VRF has a different SAFI than an IPv4 route from the global table. If there is a way to do this without duplicating the static routes as in your third link above, I'd love to know about it! If I move the global table into a VRF, I then have the problem that I can't fix the AS path since my platform doesn't support as-override. > To take somewhat intelligent approach I suggest to read about the > "Common services VRF" in "MPLS and VPN Architectures" - ~ Ivan > Pepelnjak, Jim Guichard - a great set of books not only about > MPLS. That's the weird thing about this installation - there is no MPLS or VPN here. No interfaces even have MPLS enabled. I'm strictly using the multi-VRF CE functionality to provide separate routing tables. This is installation should really be solved with a virtual router, but it's stuck on IOS for the time being and the VRFs do the job nicely. But I'm finding that it's really hard to get the routes into BGP. Ross -- Ross Vandegrift [email protected] "If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter. If the going gets tough, the songs get tougher." --Woody Guthrie
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
