Just putting this out there in case it helps someone.
This example shows a 7200 with two connected routers. I also got fram-relay termination working with a 6500 but that platform does not seems to support the command needed to create frame-relay PVC's the frame-relay route command. Another thing I found for some reason on the 7200 I had to disable frame-relay inverse arp with the frame-relay map command for it to work. On the 6500 this was not an issue. I also noticed on the 7200 that on some interfaces for whatever reason, int ser5/0:1 I needed to have the frame-relay map statement for 1.1.1.1 to be able to ping it. This again was not an issue on the 6500. Also remember you will need frame-relay switching command in global config mode for the router to be turned into a frame-switch. Hope this helps someone. Thanks, Paul 7200: config - c7200-p-mz.122-17a.bin interface Serial5/0:1 ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252 encapsulation frame-relay IETF frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.1 500 frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.2 500 frame-relay lmi-type ansi frame-relay intf-type dce frame-relay route 40 interface Serial5/1:1 40 ! interface Serial5/0:1.30 point-to-point ip address 1.1.1.9 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci 30 ! interface Serial5/1:1 ip address 1.1.1.5 255.255.255.252 encapsulation frame-relay IETF frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.5 500 frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.6 500 frame-relay lmi-type ansi frame-relay intf-type dce frame-relay route 40 interface Serial5/0:1 40 site A: interface Serial0 ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.252 encapsulation frame-relay IETF frame-relay interface-dlci 500 frame-relay lmi-type ansi ! interface Serial0.30 point-to-point ip address 1.1.1.10 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci 30 ! interface Serial0.40 point-to-point ip address 1.1.1.13 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci 40 IETF ! Site B: interface Serial0 ip address 1.1.1.6 255.255.255.252 encapsulation frame-relay IETF frame-relay interface-dlci 500 frame-relay lmi-type ansi ! interface Serial0.40 point-to-point description PRIVATE PVC back to 1st t1. ip address 1.1.1.14 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci 40 IETF From: P.A [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 2:41 PM To: '[email protected]' Subject: cisco frame-relay termination without a frame switch Hi, we have a frame-relay switch that is no longer working. we have 28 t1s on a channelized T3. I was wondering if anyone knows how and if it's possible to terminate frame lines on a cisco, either a 7200 or 6500 without a frame switch. I followed the example here, http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=170741 <http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=170741&seqNum=7> &seqNum=7 but this will not work for me as it assumes you have 2 different frame-relay circuits on two different t1 ports. I'm using a PA MC T# canrd and I also tried creating sub interfaces off the t1 channel, but when I use the frame-relay route command I gives me an error that both DLCIs are on the same interface L. All I'm trying to do is terminate a frame-relay on a cisco without a frame-relay switch. if this possible could someone give me an example or point me in that direction. thanks! paul _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
