>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:47:07 -0600
> From: Greg Clark <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [c-nsp] OSPF on ASA with large routing tables
> Message-ID:
>        <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> We're considering running OSPF on handful of core ASA 5580 but our routing
> table is somewhat large (roughly 10,000 routes).  Does anyone have any
> experience running OSPF on an ASA platform with a large number of routes on
> a production network.  Did you run into any limitations or issues.  We
> don't
> plan on running mutiple context and will not have a large number of
> peers/neighbors just a large routing table.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
>
>
>
> I am certainly sure I do not know your network topology - but having 10,000
routes going to a firewall seems like you may want another pair or more of
eyes to check out that route summarization problem.  Ditto with the guy with
8,000+ routes.


I have multiple 10GB, Nexus 7Ks, Redundant Gig Internet (/16), I2
connectivity and I don't think we have more than 100 or 200 routes present.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to