Ivan Pepelnjak wrote:

Obviously the router does NOT check the "ip nat" rules if it gets a match in
the NAT translation table. This behavior makes sense; if you'd change the NAT parameters
of a live session, you'd lose the session anyway.

The problem is that the session stays active. I want the session to be lost. I believe the rules should be adhered to a bit more strictly.

If the current matching nat statement would result in a different value for the inside global address, than a new translation should be called for.

It isnt actually all that hard to check for, conceptually.

(What would you expect to happen when the DHCP client address changes on the egress interface? Or if you change the ip address on an interface referenced by the ip nat statement?)

Apparently, the end stations dont change the source port for new attempts. So as far as the router is concerned, unless those voip handsets are off the network beyond udp session timeout, they will never reconnect through the new egress.

This behavior has very disruptive end user symptoms.

Ivan Pepelnjak
blog.ioshints.info / www.ioshints.info