for static join use

*ip igmp static-group*

for troubleshooting purposes use
*ip igmp join-group*
the router will answer to pings to the multicast group address



On 2/24/2010 10:35 AM, Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 01:52:37PM +0100, luismi wrote:
Be aware of the command, I dont know the behaviour of your platform, but
in our 7206 npe-g2 we have issues with it. Multicast video and audio was
broken because the command makes the multicast to be "process
switched" , if my memory is ok.
You need to use "ip igmp static-group ..." instead.

     M.

El lun, 22-02-2010 a las 22:40 +0000, Vladislav Vasilev escribió:
Hello all,

I thought that applying "ip igmp join-group 239.1.1.1" makes the interface
under which is executed a member of 239.1.1.1 for as long as the command is
there. The problem is that the switch (in this case ME3400) never sends
another IGMP report and the multicast stream gets pruned. I guess it is a
bug?


Regards,
V.Vasilev
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to