On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 03:32:08AM +0000, Jimmy Stewpot wrote:
> I am interested to know if there is some more information relating to the 
> debugging of the Cisco ASA products/software. I have extensive experience 
> with other firewall/security products and have been unable to find how to do 
> flow debugging on the ASA's. What I am trying to diagnose is why we keep 
> getting Deny/Drop packets for SIP on a random basis. I would like to 
> diagnose/debug the flow of the packet through the device so that we can see 
> why its not being inspected by the SIP ALG and in turn gets dropped. I've set 
> the following options
> 
> logging monitor debugging
> logging buffered debugging
> logging trap debugging 
> 
> And it still does not really go into any further detail. I've also setup 
> captures so that we can analyse the packets coming in. If I compare one 
> working SIP call to a dropped incoming call then there is no obvious 
> difference. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please try packet tracer. It's a builtin tool (cli and gui) that simulates
the processing of a specific packet (src and dst ip and port etc). Don't
expect immediate results: Reading and interpreting the results *may*
take some getting used to in the less trivial cases.

Ciao
      Joerg
-- 
Joerg Mayer                                           <[email protected]>
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that
works. Some say that should read Microsoft instead of technology.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to