Hi all,

We have (2) Metro Ethernet connections from two different carriers connecting our two locations at the moment. We need to provide for redundancy at the L2 level for these, and would like to combine the bandwidth into one logical bundle. I'm fairly well versed at the L3 level, but have little experience of L2 features (aside from VLANs), so I was looking for a bit of guidance.

We will be using Cisco switches on both sides of the link(s), and it seems 802.3ad is the way to go -- but I'm not sure if LACP or EtherChannel is appropriate here, or if there is something else I should be considering. Also, to throw another issue into the mix -- these two links are not currently equally sized -- one is shaped to 600M, the other is a full Gig, so a way to specify link speed and have it load balanced appropriately would be great as well.

TIA.

--Mike