On Mar 20, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Gert Doering wrote: > Hi, > > On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 02:51:08PM +0000, sherif mostafa wrote: >> I want to make a script also to manualy advertise or deadvertise >> specific segment across one or more links. > > Could you please tell us your network ranges, so I can filter them? > > We're not really interested in having our routers carry your > deaggregations.
I second this idea. However, Sherif, what you should investigate is announcing your covering aggregate routes to all providers, then announcing specific no-export community-tagged routes to specific providers. In this way your aggregate prefix propagates via all upstreams (and makes the internet a better place), and the specific or longer-prefixed routes (presumably for TE purposes) can be controlled, or in effect, isolated to 'attract' traffic inbound from a specific transit 'cone' down-stream of said provider. So, make your next email something of a "hey, upstream XXX, what are the available communities that I can use on your network?" -- you can also begin by examining this handy collection of well-known communities: http://onesc.net/communities/ In any event, don't needlessly de-aggregate crap towards the world, and don't do selective/disjoint advertisements to your upstreams -- it's not as stable (as nailed-up announcements with specific no-export or limited-exports for TE), unnecessarily complex, and will likely fail in interesting and/or hard to troubleshoot ways. -Tk _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
