On Mar 21, 2010, at 2:29 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

>> I also argue that maintaining a flattened-out input ACL blocking packets to 
>> receive adjacencies puts the engineering effort-required slider up a few 
>> notches; I appreciate the clean/simple nature of CoPP and dislike loading up 
>> ACL cam, per port, with repetitive filters, across all or most port

Yup, I typed that one ;) I've never been so much on the opposing side to 
another opinion:

>> From my standpoint, it's a whole lot *easier* to generate an iACL than 
>> making use of the HWRL (or using CoPP), and it only has to be applied to 
>> edge interfaces on edge boxes, nowhere else.  And it's the same on every 
>> box, irrespective of platform.  The only prerequisite is a rational, 
>> summarizable IP addressing plan for one's loopbacks and p2p interfaces

I am also concerned with the sources of "attack bits" which are located on or 
within the network/AS -- iACL at borders makes plenty of sense, but what about 
the rest of the interfaces & platforms within it?

-Tk
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to