On Apr 8, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Joel Snyder wrote:

>> Word I keep running across is that Cisco is basically out of everything
>> that matters:
> 
> I have heard the same thing, but only in regard to ASA hardware.  A Cisco 
> competitor sent me an email last week saying that they had won a big deal in 
> part because Cisco screwed the pooch by being unable to provide gear in a 
> timely manner.  Another, different, firewall competitor sent me a note three 
> days ago wondering why no one in the tech press was covering the ASA 
> shortage.  Finally, a customer told me last night that they were trying to 
> buy an ASA but the seller (used) raised the price by 25% because of a 
> shortage of used Cisco firewalls.


We've actually cancelled orders with cisco for 4948s(multiple)  (90 day lead 
time) and replaced them with another vendors switch (<2 week lead time).   
We've had similar long lead times quoted on the ASA's  as well.  Something like 
20-70 business days.  I thought to myself, dang wish I could estimate my  
delivery time like that.   Your code will be ready sometime in the next 1-3 
months :)  You can hope for a month, but figure on 3 .... 

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer
INOC (http://www.inoc.net)
PGPKEY (http://www.inoc.net/~doon)
Key ID: 0x370D752C

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to