On 4/9/10 9:38 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,
On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 09:00:19AM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
FYI since a lot of you are in the midrange space...
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps341/product_bulletin_c25_597353.html
We'll continue shipping the 7200 images in the M (long lived releases)
of 15.x so it will pick up any platform independent features.
*g*, funny to see the 7200 named "midrange", we've always considered
them "higher end" :-)
Relative..for home I consider my 800 smoking fast. *grin* ..for the low
speed DSL I get in the rural area I live that is...
But then, at that time, the 3640s were considered "midrange"...
Anyway - thanks to whoever fought for the decision to support 7200s
(and hopefully 7301) in 15.0M - these are really the "general purpose
workhorse" for all this funny WAN interface stuff...
Actually nobody had to fight for it. The BU recognized the important
space it fits and wants the transition to ASR's (as feature parity is
delivered) to be as smooth as possible. The only thing I suggested was
the product bulletin to serve as a proactive notice to the field which
they gladly agreed to.
Rodney
gert
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/