Hi. I have a cisco sge2010p small business switch I'm trying to get working with IGMP (for Windows Deployment Services imaging on 2008r2). This is a simple single-segment lan; no multicast router. This is the only switch. I cannot get the switch to stop sending the multicast to all ports (effectively a broadcast storm). The switch is brand new and updated 2 weeks ago to latest firmware. I have tried using the switch's querier and also windows' rras IGMP but neither fixes the broadcast storm kills everything.
In the below configuration, I set the vlan ports to igmp filtering (looks like i skipped port 24 by mistake). When set to filtering the multicast sessions cant even get started. When in forwarding mode you get the flood. Any help would be very very much greatly appreciated. Cisco-sw1# sh run bridge multicast filtering ip igmp snooping interface vlan 1 ip igmp snooping exit interface range ethernet 1/g(1-23,25-47) bridge multicast unregistered filtering exit interface vlan 1 ip igmp snooping querier version 3 ip igmp snooping querier enable exit interface vlan 1 ip address dhcp exit hostname Cisco-sw1 username xxxxx Cisco-sw1# sh ip igmp snooping int 1 IGMP Snooping is globaly enabled IGMP Snooping is enabled on VLAN 1 IGMP Snooping admin: enabled Routers IGMP version: 3 Groups that are in IGMP version 2 compatibility mode: Groups that are in IGMP version 1 compatibility mode: IGMP snooping querier admin: enabled IGMP snooping querier oper: disabled IGMP snooping querier address admin: IGMP snooping querier address oper: 192.168.10.9 IGMP snooping querier admin version: 3 IGMP host timeout is 260 sec IGMP Immediate leave is disabled. IGMP leave timeout is 10 sec IGMP mrouter timeout is 300 sec Automatic learning of multicast router ports is enabled ---- _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
