Michael,

> I'm going to lab up a tunnel and I am concerned about rate limiting I
> already have in place for my vrf's.  For example, I have 3 vrf's and I am
> rate limitting them to 10MB each.  When I create the rsvp bandwith for the
> tunnel, will I have to set that to 30MB?  Will the rate limiting I already
> have in place be applied when I send traffic down the tunnel?

MPLS TE reservations operate on the control-plane only. Nothing prevents you 
from sending more traffic through a tunnel than reserved via RSVP, so you can 
actually signal a zero-bandwidth tunnel and still send all traffic you want 
across it (obviously limited by egress link capacity :) 
You need diffserv QoS on the intermediate router to guarantee any SLAs. 

        oli

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to