On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the 3750 Metro switches.

Yes, of course. Please refrain from using this phrase.

The datasheet says the switch supports MPLS voodoo on the ES ports, but what about the other ports? Are the ES ports similar to the ports on an 6500/7600 ES+ linecard which do things like local VLAN significance while the copper ports are similar to a 6500/7600 6748 linecard which can still terminate an xconnect? Can an SVI terminate an xconnect on these boxes?

The 3750ME is basically two devices in one. It's a 3560 with two of the ports internally connected to a network processor which in turn has two external ports (the ES ports).

So the whole idea is to have the two ES ports as uplinks towards your MPLS cloud and do the pure IP stuff on the other ports. There is no MPLS support on the other ports, so your analogy is fairly correct.

I don't know for sure about your questions, have never needed to do local vlan significance and we always redundantly connect these to the ntework so we never use the ES ports for anything else. About the xconnect I believe it works, but don't take my word for it, it's been quite a while since I last worked with an 3750ME.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to