I'm wondering if I can use EoMPLS in a situation where I'd normally use a VLAN.

For example, in a VLAN centric network, I'd have a node connected to an access 
port on switch 1.  Switch 1 would be connected directly to switch 2 over an 
appropriately configured 802.1q trunk port or access port.  I'd assign an IP to 
an SVI on switch 2 and as long as the SVI had the same VLAN identifier as the 
access port on switch 1, I could pass traffic between the SVI on switch 2 and 
the node connected to the access port on switch 1.

Is there an equivalent to this in EoMPLS land where I could do the same thing 
using two devices that were both acting as P+PE devices?  I know that normally 
you can't assign an IP address on an interface that is also configured with an 
xconnect, but I'm wondering if there's a feature out there somewhere that could 
make this sort of thing possible.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to