Tony, You replied a little down in this thread and rather than cutting it up I put my text down there too.
> > > > Read this as well ( it talks about NOT using the mgmt0 for peer keep > > alives > > ) - we are trying this too > > > > > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/layer2/Cisco_Nexus_5000_Series_NX-OS__chapter8.html > > > > After figure 6, step 3 there is this text ; > > Note > > VLAN 900 must not be trunked across the vPC peer-link because it carries > > the vPC > > peer-keepalive messages. There must be an alternative path between > > switches NX-5000-1 and > > NX-5000-2 for the vPC peer-keepalive messages. > > > > The problem we are encountering is that if we drop the peer vlan from > > the 5k to 5k link then we get weird errors as well. > > > > > > > > I will STRONGLY suggest that you test any possible failure scenario that > > you > > can think of. > > Are you using the 5Ks/ FEXs in dual homed fashion ? > > > > I have an open case with Cisco on the use of > > I didn't respond to all of your questions comments. > > We never put the keepalive vlan across the peer link. It's always in its > own VRF in whatever fashion/implementation on the 5k and 7k. > > If you have an OOB network that requires the 5k mgmt0 ports to be used > there, burn one of 1-8 on a 5010 or one of 1-16 on a 5020 as a gig port and > do another VRF specially for the peer link. Done. > > Yes, most of our customers are dual connected. > > We've done a lot of testing. But, we have not done what you have. It's > not > the recommended practice, it's not the correct design and no one around > Cisco supports it. So, we don't implement that way. > I am not sure I understand what you are saying is not recommended - dual connected FEXes ? Sure they are supported and recommended, their use is the first vPC option shown on page 98 of the 4.2(1)N1(1) Layer 2 Switching Conf Guide and it is essentially the same as in the past 3 revs. Scott > I know the docs (all 10000 of them) may seem confusing and contradictory. > But, if you follow above you shouldn't have any issues. > > tv > > > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
