Jens, I was able to find some HP documents describing the problems and workarounds for cisco to hp. It's def a STP interoperability issue.
Paul -----Original Message----- From: Jens S Andersen [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 3:16 AM To: P.A Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] L2 STP issue. Hi As far as I recall these HP switches do not support per-vlan spanning tree. -Jens >Hi, hoping someone has some suggestions. >I ran into an issue where I have a ring of 4 HP2512 and 1 HP2524 switches. >These switches all connect back to a Cisco 6509. >IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version >12.2(18)S >XF14, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) >The cisco 6509 is running rapid-pvst and the HP switches are running rstp. >The cisco was the root bridge and all HP's saw the cisco as the bridge >however I ran into issues where everything would work as expected for >several minutes, 7 -10 min, and then parts of the network would become >inaccessible all of the sudden without it ever bring up a redundant path. I >also saw numerous STP topology changes etc on the HP switches while this was >going on. >When I 1st brought this online I tested it by bringing down a link and STP >saw the change and calculated an new path through STP. I figured this was >working well but then I started having the issues mentioned above. One thing >I wanted to mention this ring of HP switches is connected through wireless >links using ceragon and a net-2-net t3 to Ethernet converter which which >then connects to the HP switches. >Now that I have STP disabled and got rid of the redundant link, I see no >errors on the HP port's, no wireless EQ errors, and nothing on the logs >indication an issue. My question is does anyone have any idea what could of >happened. >Here is a snippet from one of the HP logs: >I 01/01/90 01:02:57 ports: port 8 is Blocked by LACP >I 01/01/90 01:02:58 ports: port 8 is now off-line >I 01/01/90 01:03:05 ports: port 8 is Blocked by LACP >I 01/01/90 01:03:05 ports: port 8 is Blocked by STP >I 01/01/90 01:03:06 ports: port 8 is now on-line >I 01/01/90 01:03:06 ports: port 7 is Blocked by STP >I 01/01/90 01:03:06 ports: port 7 is now on-line >I 01/01/90 01:03:08 ports: port 8 is now off-line >I 01/01/90 01:03:10 ports: port 8 is Blocked by LACP >I 01/01/90 01:03:13 ports: port 8 is Blocked by STP >I 01/01/90 01:03:15 ports: port 8 is now on-line >I 01/01/90 01:03:15 ports: port 7 is Blocked by STP >I 01/01/90 01:03:15 ports: port 7 is now on-line >THANKS! >_______________________________________________ >cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ Jens S Andersen Email: [email protected] Aalborg University Telf: 9940 9464 Selma Lagerlöfs Vej 300, 4.2.59 Fax: 9940 7593 9220 Aalborg Denmark _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
