Hi all.

I have several 7604+RSP720+6704card(12.2SRC) installed in a ring topology as a core part of our network. There is a multicast source attached with one of that 7600 routers. The routers successfuly use PIM DM to distribute multicast streams over the ring. Here comes the riddle. There is a situation when an intermediate router don't graft several streams, that are pruned in that moment. The streams are always random. I noticed, there are no Graft messages in a log on the intermediate 7600. The reciver can get such streams at the end of prune interval only. I steered multicast to another arc of the ring to observe the situation. The problem shifted to another router. Here is the question, is there any hardware limit or a caveate I have missed concerned with the behavior I described?

I will appreciate any suggestions on the situation.

WBR
Roman A. Nozdrin
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to