On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 12:15 -0400, Alex Moya wrote: > Peter I do not believe that the mac is causing this issue unless there > is some software running on the MAC that is telling it to create a > HSRP session. I would look at that first.
When we first saw it, we thought the Mac was deliberately trying something nasty, but when we talked to the user (and his IT guy) no-one could find anything "wrong" with the Mac. The only thing that stood out was the "tethering". It doesn't seem to be HSRP-specific, since it simply replaces the IP address in the IPv4 header and nothing else. This might be a general multicast thing, I will try to test that. (Of course we don't have any Macs to test with, so we'll have to test on the live network. :-)) -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
