I just updated my 7201 from 12.4(15)T12 to 15.0M to resolve an issue with RIP. During the process, I've noticed a few changes:
1) (config)#virtual-template 2 pre-clone 500 % Command ignored (deprecated post 12.2S) Virtual-template pre-clone seems to be removed. It mentions version 12.2S, which doesn't seem relevant between 12.4T->15.0, but in either case it doesn't seem necessary. I reviewed the DSL broadband deployment guide, and indeed in 12.4T when I made the config it recommended using it. This section seems to be removed in the 15.0 version of the guide (although several sample configs within which have it remain). I found nothing in the release notes for 15.0 regarding this functionality change. Does anyone know if this was removed, why, and the impact of such? 2) PPPoE performance on an ATM DS3 seems greatly improved, at least for session establishment. I wasn't expecting this, but re-establishing 1,000 sessions went from a 45 second affair to a 15 second one. Were there some major change here? 3) PPPoE idle session statistics (show user) no longer are tracked. 4) Outbound flash RIP updates based on the loss of a connected network (metric 16 updates) targetted by a network statement get advertised to rip neighbors, ignoring a distribute list telling the router not to send updated about anything but a default route. I suspect #3 is a new bug (but better than the one I had before as metric 16 updates are essentially ignored) so I'll deal with it for now. Perhaps does anyone have any information regarding the significant PPPoE changes that occured and what they were -- or has anyone else experienced similar behavior with 15.0 as the issues shown above? I wish it was in the release notes, but it isn't. Thanks! _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
