The exception for this is on Nexus vPC and 6500 VSS. Both nodes would be forwarding in these cases.
Arie -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Shimol Shah (shimshah) Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 22:38 To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] HSRP forwarding question So what is the question ? HSRP speakers choose a ACTIVE and a STANDBY. ACTIVE is the *only* one who does the forwarding. They pick a HSRP VIP which is the DG of the users. ACTIVE one repliesto ARP/own's MAC for it. Users forward to ACTIVE. STANDBY is not used for traffic from users->network until ACTIVE is down. GLBP has a more ACTIVE/ACTIVE implementation by choosing a AVG and multiple AVFs Shimol On 6/17/10 2:24 PM, Chris Boyd wrote: > Having a discussion with a colleague about forwarding on HSRP. I seem to remember seeing datagrams that were addressed to the virtual IP address, but were delivered to the standby router getting forwarded from the standby to the active for routing. > > It's been a while since I looked at HSRP in the lab, and I'm about to hop on a plane, so I appeal to the net.wisdom :-) > > Thanks, > > -Chris > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
