Wondering if I could ask you all for a quick comment on my issue before I try an open a TAC case on this.
Situation is a 1841 router with WIC-1ADSL terminating a PPPoE and T1 LANe circuit (which is delivered to me over Ethernet). I have a loopback interface on the router that is used both for connecting monitoring and as an un-numbered interface for the PPPoE. My issue is that when the PPPoE flaps, I temporarily lose connection to the loopback on the router. I have verified that as it flaps, there is no change in OSPF routing and the LANe is still the preferred route. Relevant portions of the config: interface Loopback10 ip address 10.1.255.15 255.255.255.255 ! interface FastEthernet0/1 description LANe ip address 10.1.254.30 255.255.255.248 ! interface ATM0/0/0 pvc 0/35 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 ! interface Dialer1 ip unnumbered Loopback10 dialer pool 1 This router has exhibited this issue with at least three different versions of IOS. As the PPPoE flaps, if I'm connected to the internal network interface of the router, I'm good. Connect to the loopback, I lose connection. I know I could simply setup another loopback for management purposes, but I thought that the loopback was always supposed to stay up. Any tweaks anyone can think of, or should I open a TAC case? Thanks, Erik _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
