Hi group,
A portion of our metroE network is as below: CPE1-----------DSLAM1----------(Gi9/19)PE CPE2-----------DSLAM2----------(Gi9/20)PE The two DSLAM assign the same vlan 147 to traffic sending from CPE1 & CPE2, port G9/19 & G9/20 on PE are configured as trunk that allow vlan 147, then an EoMPLS pseudowire is created from SVI 147 on PE to BRAS. Everything is working fine, however, recently I face the problem that some CPE routers have the same MAC address and it causes MAC address inconsistent learnt on VLAN 147 on PE router. Since I have large number of CPE, I must find a way to detect if same MAC happen as soon as I connect CPE to DSLAM. I try to configure port-security MAC address sticky on G9/19 & G9/20 and the problem has gone away. However, this feature automatically add large configuration on the port as the soon as a new MAC is learnt on the port: interface GigabitEthernet9/19 switchport switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk allowed vlan 85,99,147,244,1100,1102,1111 switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiate switchport port-security switchport port-security maximum 100 switchport port-security violation restrict switchport port-security mac-address sticky switchport port-security mac-address sticky 0018.8247.e4ee vlan 85 switchport port-security mac-address sticky 0050.7fa1.60a9 vlan 147 .. I have two questions here: 1. Is there any method that the router does not additional configuration on port configured with port-security MAC sticky? 2. Anyone has other idea rather than configure port-security to detect same MAC address on CPE? Thanks, Rin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
