Dear All,

 

Thank you for your help. The SNMP is working now. Due to my pix is using 6.3(5) 
which only the SNMP Version 1 can be used.

 

Thanks,

 

Edward
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]; [email protected]; 
> [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [c-nsp] snmp config in PIX
> Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:44:21 +0000
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 5:51 AM
> > To: [email protected]; [email protected]
> > Subject: [c-nsp] snmp config in PIX
> > 
> > 
> > Dear all,
> > 
> > I am trying to set snmp agent in my PIX 506E FW(192.168.1.1). I am not good
> > in PIX FW. The following is my configuration PIX506# sh snmp-server no
> > snmp-server location no snmp-server contact snmp-server community
> > mosnmpcommunity no snmp-server enable traps
> > 
> > After command, I can ping the snmp manager from my PIX506, but I still
> > cannot get anything from my snmp manager(192.168.1.110) which is in the
> > same network.
> > I have also set in switches, and my snmp manager can see the switches.
> > 
> > Could anyone help me on this?
> > 
> 
> I'm not quite sure if you're trying to poll or trap. Either way, the PIX 6.x 
> only support v1 SNMP and most polling or trapping software is going to 
> default to v2c. Try changing and see if it helps. 
> 
> snmp-server host inside x.x.x.x poll
> snmp-server community notsoverypublic
> 
> -ryan
                                          
_________________________________________________________________
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to