Understood about the speed limit on this chassis for Gigabit. This is just a limited time run until the new routers come in. This chassis would never see anything more than 200mbps.

-Troy



On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Jon Lewis wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Pete Templin wrote:

Wait a minute. GE interfaces on a 7500 are supposed to be "special" - GEIP comes on a "special" VIP2-50 that says GEIP, and GEIP+ comes on a special "VIP4-??" that says GEIP+. I've never done GE on 7500, but I'd think you shouldn't be swapping out the underlying VIPs without making sure it's paired correctly with a PA.

And there's the caveat that neither is suppsed to be capable of anywhere near line rate GE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon Lewis                   |  I route
Senior Network Engineer     |  therefore you are
Atlantic Net                |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to