If you have the 6120s deployed in End Host Mode, then this is not
currently possible. If you are running them in switch mode then they
behave like a normal switch and you can do this setup.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10278/products_configuration_example09186a0080af3171.shtml
To change the mode, issue the command: set mode {end-host|switch}
We tried to do almost this exact setup, with 2 primary upstream N5Ks,
and a separate connection using pin groups to send backup traffic out a
separate interface. We were unable to get this to work with the M81KR
cards in the B250 blades, and ended up just making the backup network a
separate VLAN on the same 10G uplinks instead of an isolated physical
segment.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions and I'll try to
answer them from what issues we've run into with the UCS.
Jeremy
On 7/7/2010 5:24 PM, David Hubbard wrote:
We're deploying a UCS setup that involves
some of the 20 port fabric interconnect
switches which basically connect our UCS
blade chassis to our EMC storage. I asked
the sales rep today if we could plug a backup
server at 10gig into one of the unused ports
on one of the 6120's and she initially said
no, but then when I questioned what the difference
was between a backup server and our core L3
switch or the EMC storage since all are just
remote nodes talking IP on ethernet, she said
well maybe I can connect a host to it.
Trying to get some planning out of the way
and haven't gotten an answer yet so I was
wondering if anyone knows the answer to this?
Assuming the 6120XP receives a tagged
uplink from the core for normal network
traffic coming and going from the UCS
servers, can a port on a 6100 be configured
for untagged 10gig in a specific vlan so I
can hook a server into it?
Thanks,
David
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/