According to your "show run" all interfaces on the router are in
shutdown state, so nothing is going to work. One you have interfaces up,
you also need to have working routes at each end to the IP address of
the pseudowire endpoint at the other end.

-- 
Vincent C. Jones
Networking Unlimited, Inc.
Phone: +1 201 568-7810
[email protected]


On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 12:54 -0700, Anthony V. Daroqui wrote:
> Hi, I am currently trying to provide one of our clients a vlan over a PPP 
> link as per their request of only a layer 2 connection.
> The connection would be like 3750g <--> 7200 <--> 1841 where the 7200 and 
> 1841 is a ppp link. In doing some research, we found L2TPv3 to be a viable 
> option. However, I am having trouble keeping the tunnel up and sending 
> traffic over it.
> 
> At the moment I am trying to configure only a simple layer 2 tunnel on test 
> devices: 2 1841 routers, Version 12.4(15)T12, Advanced Services.
> 
> I am currently using these 2 sites as reference: 
> http://prakashkalsaria.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/l2tpv3-over-hdlc-l2tpv3-over-ppp/,
>  http://www.informit.com/library/content.aspx?b=Troubleshooting_VPNs&seqNum=44
> 
> On the other hand I was  also recently informed that there may be too much 
> overhead in a layer 2 tunnel.  If that is the case, what is the more viable 
> option for this setup?
> 
> I have attached the debug output from the tunnels as well. Any assistance 
> would be appreciated.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to