Hi

I have been seeing some very rare issue( rare to me )

I have a WLC 4402. We have many access points, 1200, 1131 and 1242s.
One day one of the 1131s died. I took it back up and connected it to our cisco 
4506. Here it's working just fine. So I thought it was a software upgrade 
issue(we had just upgraded the controller). So I just got it put back up, but 
no go. Boots up, apparently, but no link light on the 3560. It sees it as a 
"IEEE PD".

It goes through some states, ends up in green, but after 1 minute it will go to 
white/redish and 1 minute later it will start flashing red/white

I have tried everything ( I think), including other 3560 switches, new software 
on the switch. New cables, different ports.

All the switches I have tried have 1142 accesspoints connected to them as well, 
can this be an issue ?
The 4506 has of course many other access points, from all our hw series( 1131, 
1200 and 1242) and that has no issues.

Any clues here ?

Output from the 3560 ( did some cutting)

CAT.A1.3560#sh pow inl
Available:370.0(w)  Used:86.5(w)  Remaining:283.5(w)

Interface Admin  Oper       Power   Device              Class Max
                            (Watts)
--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----
Fa0/10    auto   on         12.9    IP Phone 7941       3     15.4
Fa0/11    auto   on         6.3     IP Phone 7940       n/a   15.4
Fa0/12    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/13    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/14    auto   on         6.3     IP Phone 7941       2     15.4
Fa0/15    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/16    auto   on         6.3     IP Phone 7941       2     15.4
Fa0/17    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/18    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/19    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/20    auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   15.4
Fa0/21    auto   on         15.4    AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9   3     15.4
Fa0/24    auto   on         15.4    Ieee PD             3     15.4

The 1131 is connected to port 24.

The 1131s was connected to this switch before, we have upgraded to v7 now on 
the controller ( from 6, was the same issue) also we introduced the 1142s some 
time back, and I am beginning to wonder if this can be the case. Anyone running 
poe to 1131 and 1142 on 3560ps-s ?


Mvh
Tor-Ivar Kristoffersen
IT Konsulent
Lufttransport AS

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to