Thanks a lot man, anyone else have anything else to add? I also agree with him that is a mechanism to prevent route loops when redistributing from ospf to bgp and vice versa.. but how exactly does it work? could anyone give an example? I have read that link for a few minutes and could not clearly understand the concept behind it.
Thanks!! 2010/8/13 dongya zhang <[email protected]> > Try to read this link: > > http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/erx50x/swconfig-routing-vol2/html/bgp-mpls-vpns-config5.html > > IMHO,Domain id and VPN route tag is used to prevent route loop. > > 2010/8/14 Jeferson Guardia <[email protected]> > >> Guys, >> >> I am studying MPLS vpn stuff and it came across some new stuff of mpls, >> but >> this one is not quite clear for me yet, the domain-tag. I had an >> idea that somehow is used to prevent redistributed routes that originated >> from the MPLS backbone from returning via some other location on the MPLS >> backbone. >> >> Am I right? anything else to add or any other concept I should be aware >> of? >> >> Best regards, >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
