Hello-- I have a 2801 router at a remote location and am trying to bring up a 100 Mpbs wireless (point to point) backup connection between the router and a routing switch at the main location.
(FS14 2801 router)<--->(FS14 3560G layer 2 switch)<~~radio link #1~~> (2955 layer 2 switch)<~~radio link #2~~>(FS13 3560G routing switch) >From the FS13 3560G I can ping the vlan interface on the 2955 switch. >From the FS13 3560G I can not ping the IP address on the subinterface of the FS14 2801 router. FS14 router subinterface: interface FastEthernet0/0.501 description Uplink to point to point wireless link encapsulation dot1Q 501 ip address 172.16.0.6 255.255.255.252 3560G interface: interface Vlan501 description Wireless link to FS14 ip address 172.16.0.5 255.255.255.252 >From either location, I am not able to ping the Vlan 501 peer. >From the 2955 switch in the middle, I can ping a Vlan503 interface on the 3560G. Also, I see the both the 2560G and the 2801 in the CDP neighbor output. With debugs enabled on the router, I try to ping an IP address on the same network and see the following in the logs: 17w2d: IP: tableid=0, s=172.16.0.6 (local), d=172.16.0.5 (FastEthernet0/0.501), routed via RIB 17w2d: IP: s=172.16.0.6 (local), d=172.16.0.5 (FastEthernet0/0.501), len 100, sending 17w2d: IP: s=172.16.0.6 (local), d=172.16.0.5 (FastEthernet0/0.501), len 100, encapsulation failed Any thoughts? cjw _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
