On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Jeff Wojciechowski wrote:

I know there are tools out there like RANCID that help manage configuration changes but we want something that will be able to be able to have a system that will not only be able to document what changes were made, but to also document why.

Can anyone out there make recommendations on what change management tools they use or have used that might fit this bill?

We are open to either open source or something modestly priced.

Where I work, our trouble ticketing system is Remedy, so we built our change management request/approval system on top of that. That wouldn't meet your free or midestly priced criteria though... Other large shops have taken a similar path, using their existing CRM systems (Remedy, Clarify, Vantive, etc...), since they already had a large investment in those systems.

I've seen people use freeware solutions in the past. GNATS, RT, OTRS, hooks into Nagios, etc.

jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to