On 8/20/10 7:44 AM, Andrew Miehs wrote: > > I guess the differing opionions have to do with age and brand of hardware. > > I found Auto the best running HP Procurve switches with and Supermicro and > HP Proliant DL360 G5 servers (nothing older than 2004). I had no end of > problems with old PA Risc machines (10 year old) - but this may have had > more to do with the admins on these boxes. > > If I was still using the old ?Cisco 2900s? from 1998, then I would > definitely look at forcing duplex and speed. >
I wouldn't. I have a 2924XL-EN in service as a workstation switch; all ports auto. It's seen all kinds of printers, homebrew x86, HP, Dell, Apple, one SPARCstation, and other hardware I've forgotten about. The one time I remember having to force a port (10/full) was with a CRT iMac that generated excessive CRC errors at 100 half or full. ~Seth _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
