My years-long quest to get a pair of GEIP+ boardsets has finally come to
fruition.  However, I have one question.

Does the GEIP+ support 1000BASE-T GBICs?  I don't need it to be eligible
for Cisco support;  I just need it to work.

Failing that, does the C4912G support 1000BASE-T GBICs?

It's been a little while since I've tried it, but I seem to remember using a 
Cisco 1000Base-T GBIC with a 7507's GEIP+ (and, for that matter, a GEIP (not 
+)).  I have a spare 7505 and I think a spare GEIP+; will have to look, but I 
might try that out, since I need to get the 7505 up anyway for a lab setting.

I remember hooking up GEIP (not +) to some switches' copper GigE port
and I had to use optical-electrical converters. I can not remember
the reason though.

What I do certainly remember is that I tried to use 1000Base-T
GBICs in a PA-GE which might be similar to the hardware in
the GEIP and it did not work reliably. Some GBICs worked some time,
some did not. Link came, link went ... nothing to rely on.

You might still use some good converters that are around.

Only my $0.02 cents.
Sascha

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to