BGP:x.x.x.x open failed: Connection timed out; remote host not responding,open active delayed 27729ms (35000ms max, 28% jitter).

Above means we sent a BGP open, did not hear back, so timed out. Question is did the neighbor get it and turn around and reply ? Aka is the neighbor configured correctly and doing its part ?

Shimol



On 9/16/10 2:39 PM, Chris Lane wrote:
I am running c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE2 on a 3750 TS, i have a few
bgp neighbors running. Bringing a new customer session online getting this
error:

BGP:x.x.x.x open failed: Connection timed out; remote host not responding,
open active delayed 27729ms (35000ms max, 28% jitter).

I have verified the bridge to customer is clean ~ no packet loss or high
latency via ICMP. We have verified no ACLs,
and is straight forward set up.

I searched google already and see many of the same issues. My customer sent
me his config and the setup is simple ~ neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as MYAS
               neighbor x.x.x.x update-source INTERFACE

trying to keep it simple for now...

Regards,
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to