Just to recap, as I think I wrote it not clear enough... For L3VPN you can do port/subif/SVI with SUP720 and no additional HW. For L2VPN (p2p) you can do port/subif (aka EoMPLS) with SUP720 and no additional HW. For L2VPN on SVI (p2p) and VPLS we need ES modules.
Arie -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Arie Vayner (avayner) Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 18:33 To: Jason Lixfeld; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] AToM/EoMPLS & LDP on Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2 Jason, It has been a few years since I have seen SUP2, but I hope I remember the details... Sup2 does not support any MPLS based services natively, and the only way to get MPLS to work on SUP2 is to use an OSM module to terminate the services on (not just core facing - the whole thing). With SUP720 you can do native MPLS (without any special line cards) for L3 VPN and port/sub-if based L2VPN (not SVI). For SVI based, as well as EVC based MPLS services you need ES/ES+ modules. Arie -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jason Lixfeld Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 17:26 To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] AToM/EoMPLS & LDP on Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2 I'm looking to potentially use a Sup2 based 6500 as a AToM/EoMPLS PE/LER with customers terminating on various X6248, X6348, X6516 and X6408A ports. Possible? In a perfect world, port based and VLAN based (the implication being that interworking support would need to be there too), in either case, the far end of the VC would be to a NPE-G1 flavored PE/LER of some sort. Google has shown me configuration example of a Sup2 doing SVI based EoMPLS, but that confuses the heck out of me because I know that, for example, in Sup720 land, you can't do SVI based unless you have an ES card or a SIP. If this is true and it does actually work, would this just be the difference between the Sup2 doing it in software vs. the Sup720/ES|SIP doing it in hardware? Hoping some people here have some practical experience one way or the other. Thanks in advance. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
