On 21.09.2010 07:35, Lukasz Bromirski wrote: > On 2010-09-21 01:31, David Blundell wrote: > >> I am trying to find the number of routes that an ASR1002-F (embedded >> ESP2.5) and an ASR-1002 with ESP5 can handle. > > ASR1002-F and ASR-1002 can both handle 512k IPv4 prefixes maximum, > 128k IPv6 prefixes maximum or a mix of these. The change in marking > of the ESP from 5 to 2.5 comes from the fact that the useable > bandwidth was halved, not the system capacity to store data. Whoa ... and $C is marketing this box (1002F) as a provider box? I was looking into junking a couple 7200VXR for them, but seeing our current prefix total already well above 300k on the internet, I'm sort of worried whether this is a good idea ... at least for the one that was going to do our DECIX peering ... add to that VRF prefixes that may also be present ... with the v4 exhaustion, I reckon the Internet will most likely be at a combined 500k prefixes between v4 and v6 in a year ... is $C really this short-sighted?
OTOH, the 1002F will of course still be a nice box in the IGP area in the event it's not sufficient for the uplink ... -gg _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
