use robtex.com its graphical view is very handy.

Regards,

Aftab A. Siddiqui


On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Heath Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I have used internet looking glasses and routeviews but I am actually
> > looking for an equivalent of “sh ip ASN” (instead of “sh ip route”) where
> a
> > certain ASN number’s presence on the internet can be deduced and then
> > displayed on a geographical map (google maps).
> >
> > I think that GeoIP might have this feature but it runs only on Linux/Unix
> > and I want something for my windows machine.
>
> The thing to keep in mind is that an AS's "location" on the internet
> is completely different to geographical location.
> You could dump whois information (possibly in XML already I think) for
> each AS and stick it on a map using the registered address.
> If you wanted to see which AS's were active, then filter out the ones
> that are not listed in a BGP path on routeviews for instance. (show ip
> bgp paths)
>
> Hope this helps..
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to