Correct...The Edge Internet Router will connect to the ISP with a /30... But what subnet will I utilize between the Edge Internet router and the ASA outside interface? Would't it need to be in my provider independent block?.. On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Bill Blackford <[email protected] > wrote:
> If I'm understanding you correctly, the ISP in question should give you a > separate /30 for the interconnect to them. Then you announce your /24 to the > world and do what you want with the space behind your router. > > -b > > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto: > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Donald Darko > Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:02 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] BGP/ASA/Internet Edge Design Question > > Hi All, > > I have a scenario where I would like to perform BGP with my current ISP and > am in need of a Internet Edge router; as currently my ASA connects directly > to them. The IP subnet assignment that I'm using from my provider in my > DMZ > will be my provider independent addresses. > > My question is....I'll need to put a new subnet between my ASA and my new > Internet router...it can't be a private subnet, because the Outside > interface of the ASA is where my web traffic is coming from. What are my > options here?...try to subnet the already in use /24 provider independent > subnet in my DMZ and use a /29 as a connector subnet between the ASA > Outside > interface and the Internet Edge router? > > Thanks > > Donald > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
