On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Jeff Fitzwater <[email protected]>wrote:
I'm not sure they have the same function. LACP will just drop the link from the bundle. After that you may have a bridging loop anyway, just on a non-bundled port. I can't remember exactly how LACP negotiation works, but things get worse if only one side removes the UD link from the bundle. Also, I think UDLD reacts much faster than LACP. If I am running LACP between two Cisco switches, will it detect a > unidirectional link (bad fiber one direction), or should I run UDLD also? > > I would think LACP would detect a unidirectional link just because of the > nature of the proto, and take down that channel port. > > We may have to channel to a non cisco box, which does not support UDLD, so > if LACP can deal with a unidirectional link I won't have to worry about > UDLD. > > Thanks, > > > > Jeff Fitzwater > OIT Network Systems > Princeton University > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
