On 25/11/10 00:35, John Elliot wrote:

Hi,

We have an existing POP with 7200(G2) and a 3560 - The POP is growing
a lot quicker than anticipated, and we have had to add another 3560
to accommodate new client eth connections...the 2nd 3560 is connected
via PortChan to the 1st 3560(Not ideal).

If you just want a layer2 switch, there are lots of options. A stack of 3750s, obviously. The new 2960S (haven't used these).

Also worth a look are the Extreme SummitStack (x450, x460, x480) series devices. We use these and are very happy with them. They're fast, cheap, and pretty full featured.

There are also Juniper EX series.