On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Peter Rathlev wrote: > On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 19:44 +0100, Gert Doering wrote: > > On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:56:51PM +0200, Ibrahim Abo Zaid wrote: > > > I have a server connected to 2 switches and need to implement > > +1 > > For Linux servers, just use bonding with the modprobe.conf options > "mode=active-backup primary=eth0". I can give a full example if somebody > would want that.
Another +1 - I've done bonding on Linux servers across different switches many times. The last time the switches involved were stacked 3750Gs allowing me to do etherchannel on the switch side. The bonding module has a few parameters that can be tweaked to suit your situation, but the setup is straightforward. I've done something similar on a Windows server, but it was handled by the NIC driver rather than being part of the OS. -Ronan _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
