Hi Simon, Thats mean, there is any HOP in the chain not supporting the max size of the packet I am sending, need to check with SP for this...
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Thomason, Simon < [email protected]> wrote: > Hey Muhammad, > > If you set the MTU size to 1520 and set the DF (do not fragment bit) then > it will tell all device to never fragment the packets... So if a single hope > in the chain can not support the max size of the packet you are sending it > will drop the packet. > > Sorry not certain if I missed something here but that seems like a simple > enough question and answer?!?! > > Cheers, > > Simon > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto: > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Muhammad Atif Jauhar > Sent: Wednesday, 19 January 2011 12:21 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] Ping test with DF bit and MTU / IP MTU value > > Hi, > > I have very basic question related to MTU / IP MTU value and ping test with > DF bit > > *Scenario: * > I have one router connected to HUB router with Link leasing from SP > * * 1. On spoke side, we have GigaEthernet Interface with MTU > value set to 1520 > 2. On HUB side, that link is terminated on layer-2 switch and > from there to router sub-interface with IP MTU value set to 1520. > 3. Configurations on both router > * a. SPOKE Side* > * *interface GigabitEthernet0/1 > mtu 1520 > bandwidth 10000 > ip address 192.168.0.1 > 255.255.255.252 > ip ospf network point-to-point > ip ospf cost 1000 > ip ospf hello-interval 1 > ip ospf dead-interval 3 > ip ospf mtu-ignore > duplex auto > speed auto > mpls ip > *b. HUB Side* > * > interface > GigabitEthernet0/1.100 > bandwidth 10000 > encapsulation dot1Q 100 > ip address 192.168.0.2 > 255.255.255.252 > ip mtu 1520 > ip ospf network point-to-point > ip ospf cost 1000 > ip ospf hello-interval 1 > ip ospf dead-interval 3 > ip ospf mtu-ignore > > mpls ip > > > * > *Issue:* > > I am testing the link and face issue. > 1. while performing ping test without df bit, I am able to > ping with size upto 18024 > 2. while performing ping test with df bit, I am able to > ping with size 1520 > 3. while performing ping test with df bit, I am able to > ping with size more than 1520 > > *Kindly let me know, why I am not able to ping with DF bit with size more > than 1520 (MTU value). How can I troubleshoot the issue. * > * > * > *Any comment please* > -- > Regards, > > Muhammad Atif Jauhar > (+60-10-2155076) > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > Buy your loved one the gift of peace of mind with an RACQ gift membership. > Join the Club today at www.racq.com/membership, 13 1905, 24 hours every > day or in store > > Please Note: If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this > email as its use is prohibited. RACQ does not warrant or represent that > this email is free from viruses or defects. If you do not wish to receive > any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ please e-mail > [email protected] or contact RACQ on 13 19 05. > > -- Regards, Muhammad Atif Jauhar (+60-10-2155076) _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
